A big thank you to Ashleigh for tagging me in this! I really like this type of thing because it gives us a chance to learn a bit more about the bloggers we follow. The way it works is that I answer 11 questions left by the blogger who tagged me, and then I leave 11 more questions for the bloggers I tag.
Who or what influenced you to start blogging? Having olive-toned skin means that finding a foundation that matches is quite nightmarish, and colours often look quite different on my skin compared to other skintones of the same depth, so it can be quite difficult to find swatches that will show how makeup will look for me. I wanted to help by adding my own reviews and swatches to help other olives out!
Describe yourself in three words: Indecisive, kind, emotional.
What’s your favourite thing about blogging? Without a doubt connecting with others! Maybe it sounds cliche but I love that I’ve been able to connect with, share, and chat with other lovely bloggers with similar interests. I’ve found other bloggers so inspiring too!
What’s one thing you dislike about blogging? I’ve been lucky not to be really involved with the trouble, but I have seen a couple of fellow bloggers upset by others who have been rude and nasty to them, and I wish there was less of that.
What’s one thing you would like to achieve from blogging? I’m not sure about this one. I didn’t really go into blogging with any big goal in mind, but I think anybody finding my reviews or other posts helpful would be the main thing I want to achieve with it. I’d also like to make friends!
What’s one thing you’re most grateful for? In blogging, blogger chats and how supportive the community can be. I’ve had people reach out to me during difficult times and it really helped. Outside of blogging, the NHS and easy access I have to healthcare.
What’s the last book you read? I honestly can’t remember. I keep meaning to make time to read more as I used to enjoy it so much, but I have yet to get around to it.
What book would you like to read next? I want to read the A Song of Ice and Fire series because I’m interested to see the differences and similarities between the books and the TV adaptation.
What’s your all time favourite skincare/beauty product? This is such a tough one for me because I regularly use a lot of products! If I had to choose just one then maybe the Kikumasamune Moisture Milk that I wrote about in my Top Skincare Picks post. I’m still using it daily and really missed it when I ran out.
Name three things that make you happy: My family, long soaks in the bath, learning.
What’s your best advice for new bloggers? I still feel like a new blogger myself, but I would say… Don’t worry too much about rigid schedules, just do it as regularly as you can without it feeling like a drag. It’s supposed to be fun! Also, try Twitter chats. They are a lot of fun and a great way to find new people to connect with.
The people I’d like to tag (and I apologise if you’ve already done this tag) are:
- Kirsty at astoldbykirsty.co.uk / @astoldbykirstyx
- Hannah at luxuryblush.co.uk / @luxuryblush
- Becky at theowlet.co.uk / @theowletblog
- Issy at issybellefox.com / @issybellefox
- Angelika at angelikablogs.com / @angelikablogs
- Sarah at entirelysarah.com / @entirelysarah
- Lauren at hotoffthegloss.com / @hotoffthegloss
- Emily at emilyxonline.com / @emilyxr0see
- Jasmine at jasmineprecious.co.uk / @jaspreciousblog
- Humaira at humairak.com / @humairakaay
- Anybody else who would like to answer!
My questions are:
- What are the top 3 places in the world you’d like to visit?
- What was your favourite subject at school?
- What would you study now as an adult if you were to take a course?
- What’s your favourite drink?
- What are your 3 favourite phone apps?
- Who is your celebrity/famous figure crush?
- What hobbies do you do outside of blogging?
- Do you play an instrument? If not, would you like to learn one?
- What are the top 3 TV shows you’d recommend?
- Who do you look up to/admire?
- What’s something that always makes you laugh?
Please link me to your posts if you make them because I would really love to read your answers and find out more about you! You can pop links in the comments or via social media!