It’s quite daunting writing this first post, getting ready to put myself and my thoughts out there for the world to see. It’s also very exciting! I’ve already been connecting with some other bloggers and beauty enthusiasts on Twitter and Instagram, and it’s been absolutely lovely, so I’m really looking forward to meeting more new people both there and here on the blog.
I’m writing this blog because skincare, makeup, and all else beauty is something that I’m really passionate about. I know it’s something that is frivolous or unimportant to some, and I can agree with that in the grand scheme of things, but for me it is something deeply personal that has brought me a lot of joy and helped me through some tougher times too. Taking care of my appearance has led to me taking care of my whole self, and built up my self-worth and self-confidence beyond measure. That’s not to say that it can’t be problematic – it can! – but I think that there are lots of people out there just like me who find beauty and self-care to be a really positive thing in their lives.
A bit more about me!
I’d describe myself as shy, indecisive, and kind. I struggle with depression and some anxiety, which I find really hard to admit, but I think it’s important not to hide from or be ashamed of my illness.
Things that I love (aside from the obvious things like family, or chocolate!):
- Historical Dramas. Any period of history
- Crime Dramas
- Video Games. Overwatch is the current favourite!
Things that I don’t love:
- Cooking (for some reason cooking dinner doesn’t conjure the same passion as baking a tray of brownies!)
- My current haircut. I can’t wait until it grows out!
A bit more about The Honest Olive blog!
On this blog you will find:
- Honest reviews and product comparisons
- Beauty on a budget
- Swatches on my light, olive-toned skin
- My favourite makeup looks & inspiration
- Occasional posts about my life if something important or exciting is happening
You will not find:
- Recommendations for anything I don’t myself use and love, or really believe is a great product
- Anything other than my own honest views
If you have any more questions, please do connect via social media (there are some buttons up there in the top right!) or contact me privately via my contact form if you prefer.
I’ll soon be blogging about my favourite skincare products, and sharing comparison swatches of some of the lipsticks in my collection, so watch out for new posts! If you’re interested to see my daily makeup looks, please checkout my Instagram which I post to most days! I’d love to hear from you!